Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Chocolate volcano

Ok, this is how much of a cold-hearted rat I am: when I heard the news this morning about the tornadoes in Texas and how a family died because they took cover in a mobile home that was picked up by the wind and crashed into a school, my first reaction was "What kind of idiot takes cover from a tornado in a mobile home?" I am a jerk, but, honestly, that's a really bad idea. To me, that's akin to taking cover in a lightning storm underneath a golf club. There has got to be a better option out there, people.

Just watch though--today will be the day that a tornado siren goes off here in Columbus and I walk outside to see it and end up being thrown into a dumpster for being such a weasel. I'd be getting my just desserts. Mmm...dessert.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

They don't call them *mobile* homes for nothing.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ha! Seriously. I wonder if My Name Is Earl will do a tornado storyline one day.

10:19 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Alisa, you make me laugh!! Seriously, though...REALLY, people, have they not ever seen the news? CNN or the weather channel always reports from a mobile home park that is no longer in existence...

10:40 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Sometimes I'm amazed anyone lives in a mobile home. But I suppose if it wasn't for strong winds, they wouldn't be so bad...I guess.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you guys see that one mobile home park in Florida that was right on the ocean? They talked the residents into selling and each person became a millionaire because of it.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ooh, I did see that. Those people were so lucky. It's all about location I guess. Most of the trailers I've been in were in the middle of a weed-ridden field with bugs living in the sink. Ick.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Speaking of trailers...I wonder what ever happened to Sweaty. I completely forgot about her until we started talking about double-wides and such.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm sure she's happily married, living in a mansion and completely mentally balanced....

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home