Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It's a family name

My older sister has created a monster of the dessert kind. She made this eclair cake for Easter that had graham crackers, Cool Whip, vanilla pudding and chocolate frosting, and it was just delicious. So after Easter, J kept saying he wanted more, so I found the recipe and made another one on Sunday afternoon. It's already gone. It took me and J less than 60 hours to eat an entire cake. Gah. But, I'm telling you, it's really deceiving because all the Cool Whip is so light and airy that you don't get really filled up, so you end up eating a third of it before you realize what you just did. It's the dessert of the devil, I kid you not. And I figure I'll make another one on Friday. Mwa ha ha!

I'm going to try to hold it together today and not read any more stories about the Virginia Tech victims. The one about the Holocaust-surviving teacher who sacrificed himself for his students just ripped my heart out. But the more I hear about the shooter, the more disturbed I get. He really sounded messed up. I don't know what he was so angry about, but I wish somebody had managed to get him on valium much earlier in life.

10 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I know what you mean about VT..this morning I read the email that was sent out to tell students to stay inside and it was all I could to not lose it. Just can't start crying in the cafeteria here at work! What upsets me, too, is all the blaming and finger pointing that is going on.

8:41 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Seriously. I know it's natural to want answers and an easy solution, but it's just not going to happen. Even my post yesterday about guns doesn't really solve anything. It would be nice if we could find a way to figure out who is capable of this sort of thing, but I have no idea how.

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree about the finger pointing. It is natural to want to assign blame to someone, but I think it is more important that everyone comes together and tries to heal instead of damning the school for not doing this or that. In my heightened emotional state, I'm constantly on the verge of tears everytime I watch anything about VT.

On a happier note... I'll take that cake recipe from you in a few months Ann ;)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'll be ready to give you that recipe once the peanut is born and your blood sugar is all back to normal :) Is that how it works, that you'll be all better once he's born? I sure hope so! A person needs the comfort of Sonic when you have a crying baby to take care of.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that is how it should work. And let me tell you how pissed I am that I didn't squeeze that trip to Sonic in before now! But we may have to re-evaulate things as we get closer to the due date...

Regarding the title of today's post, I just love guessing, would it be Breakfast Club? "Its a fat girl's name"

10:11 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's totally right! I was so hoping someone would catch that I wrote about eclairs and then referenced that part with Claire in the Breakfast Club. Nice!

Oooh, did I tell you we finally got a Sonic in Columbus? We went last Friday. You have got to get over there and get yourself at least a bite of a cheese coney :)

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If all continues to go well, I might reward myself with my favorite sonic meal... chicken fried steak sandwich, tots, and a pb fudge shake - or other yummy shake :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Mmmm...peanut butter fudge shake. They've got an Oreo hot fudge shake now that looks really good.

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw that! (in my best anchorman voice)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

There was a man on fire and horses and I stabbed a man in the heart.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home