Friday, April 06, 2007

I accidentally cross-dressed

Did anybody else laugh so hard they cried during Tracy's Maury Povich dream on 30 Rock last night? Seeing Alec Baldwin dressed like Thomas Jefferson and giving the finger to the audience is an image that will bring me joy for years to come. Years, I say! I thought The Office was pretty funny, too. But I can officially say that I am sick of Jim and Karen. At first, I really tried to like her, but now I kinda want to yank her by the hair and poke her in the eye. Catfight! I'm pretty sure that in a fight between me and Karen, I could beat her. I would never go up against Angela though. She looks like one of those chicks that's freakishly strong.

Oh, and I wanted to mention that it's been snowing since Wednesday night. It is horribly depressing watching all the spring flowers wither and die in this weather. The one good thing about the return of winter is that all allergy sufferers have felt better the last couple days. And the less I have to hear hacking, the happier I am. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

You're going to love them. The Office was poignant at times, but overall it was its usual goofy self. Daryl was cracking me up.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's with this crazy weather? Will it ever end? I want to wear flip flops!

9:29 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

I'm sick of Karen too! I did like it when Roy was kind of pushing Pam to go for it with Jim. I didn't like how Jim was all you'll go back with Roy in due time. A**!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Seriously. I am very sick of socks, too.

9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait for flip flop weather!!!

I don't like Karen either.

I LOVED Jim's expression in the scene towards the end- priceless!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, I thought Jim was being a total prick to Pam with that "You'll find each other again." Turd. And I was really surprised Roy encouraged Pam to go for Jim. That guy is full of surprises. That was neat when Jim saw Dwight and Angela kissing. Aww.

10:20 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

watched 30 Rock for first time last night while grading papers...hilarious! i loved it when alec baldwin was telling tina fey about her using humor as a coping mechanism...loved it!

as an aside, my students really strongly dislike abstract art as a whole and really like Michelangelo. surprise, surprise.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

College kids always seem to like representational art better. You'd think youth would spur them to like experimental art, but I guess not. I still like the naturalistic stuff, too.

And isn't 30 Rock great?!? The "I don't know if it was some sort of brace or cast" thing was awesome.

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home