Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Rest in pieces

I don't know what I did to myself at the gym the other day, but it feels like my legs are separating from my torso in a most painful manner. It's like the ball and socket joints in both my hips are fused together. Me and my arthritic hip. I'm so old.

So I was sitting here telling a coworker about our desire to move sometime in the near future (so J and I can one day take walks at night and not have to duck for cover every time we hear a pop), and I was telling her how nice it would be to know the future. Like, in five years, will we be at the same jobs? Will we be making more or less money? Will we have kids? It would be nice to know these things now. But, then again, that would be a real buzz kill to know your own future. Cause I've always harbored this desire to live the life of an international spy, and it would be sad to know it never, ever happens. The death of a dream, as it were.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I know, how much would that suck for your income levels to go down as you get older? Uck. Especially with gas. I figure by 2020, it'll be about $15 a gallon.

11:18 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

We have noticed that everything gets more expensive quicker than our salaries increase! Gas, housing, etc...frustrating!

Ann, I hope your hip feels better! :)

1:10 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Seriously. And I don't want to become some bloodsucking capitalist who claws her way to the top, so I don't know if I'll ever get ahead of the cost of living. Sigh. See, if I was an international spy, I wouldn't have to worry about this stuff. I could just shoot the bills when they came in the mail.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home