Friday, March 23, 2007

Ever read Oedipus Rex?

I have to go to the optometrist's office today after work to pick up my new contacts. This ought to be a hoot. Generally, trips to the eye doctor's anymore are lessons in pure pain and suffering. Every time I leave that joint, I'm squinting, teary-eyed and it feels like my corneas are on fire. I can't wait! I told J that we're going out to dinner afterwards to motivate me to actually go, but it's hard to enjoy your meal when you're bleeding out your eye sockets, that's all I'm saying. I just hope my optometrist doesn't get all political on me again. Last time, he was talking about Al Gore's electricity bill. But, still, that was an improvement over the last time I was there and he treated me to a lesson on the history of Afghanistan. Do other people have doctors like this? Why do I always seem to get the ones who won't give me pain pills but enjoy ripping off my eyelids? How does that happen?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Sorry. The bleeding from the eye sockets and the ripping off of eyelids are complete exaggerations. The rest is true, but it's not THAT bad. Sorry to scar you though. Think a happy thought--like picture Knut, the orphaned polar bear in Berlin!

8:51 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I hope your eye dr visit goes well! I am actually excited about my eye dr appt next week b/c I am PRAYING I can get contacts!! Kenny hates going, too, Ann, especially after his cornea infection. I will spare you the details! :)

9:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Corneal infection? Ouch!

I also wanted to give this web address if anybody wants to spend their Friday looking at polar bear cubs and kittens

http://www.cuteoverload.com

9:04 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Isn't he adorable? Every time I watch a video of Knut, I want to go buy a Coke.

9:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home