Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy Birthday, J!

Heh heh. I'm so bad. J and I saw that Duke lost their first-round game in the NCAA tournament yesterday, and my reaction may or may not have been "Ha! Go cry in your Corvette, you preppy, prep school punks." You'd think I'd like Duke because it's such a good school, and I do love the architecture there, but there's something about Duke basketball that just makes me want to punch those guys in their smug, pasty faces. I can't really explain it except that I thought Christian Laetner was a punk way back in college. It's not rational, I know.

Well, this weekend ought to be full of merriment. J's birthday is today, so we're going out for dinner after work. And then tomorrow is our niece's wedding. Don't tell my inlaws, but I have no idea what her last name is going to be now. We're going to have to give them cash because I don't know to whom to make out the check. I'm taking my camera with me tomorrow because there will be alcohol at the reception, thus guaranteeing that somebody will look like a fool. And watching dressed-up people act like idiots is the best part of any wedding, in my humble opinion. Gotta capture that for posterity.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

If we'd known each other in college, do you think we would have gotten into fights about Christian Laettner? :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

I LOVED Christian Laetner! I thought he was soo cute!

I want to see what they do with the cake. My guess is that they will violently smash it in each others face. There's nothing that says "I love you" better than smashed cake!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Whatever happened to Christian Laettner? He was really popular for a while there.

I bet you're right about the cake smashing. Personally, I'm glad J and I didn't have a wedding cake, because if he'd shoved cake up my nose, I would have socked him in the junk.

10:43 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I liked CL, too, but also really liked something or other Quinn or Quinn something or other. There is no team that I really dislike (not hate, just dislike) more than UNC. I don't care who they are playing or in what sport, but I always want them to lose. My aunt and uncle are both rabid, really obnoxious UNC fans and it always bugged me. What also bugs me is when people who are that rabid about a school DIDN'T GO THERE. My aunt did, my uncle did not.

12:45 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I must say, UNC's powder blue uniforms are pretty...pretty WUSSY! Take that, Tarheels!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home