Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Poindexter

The Today show had a story this morning about a group of people who are trying to go 21 days without complaining. Pffft. I'd be amazed if I could go 21 minutes without complaining, or, as I like to call it, "structuring analytical critiques."

I watched Heroes last night, and I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed by all the plots. As cool as that show can be, I'm getting far too confused with all the storylines anymore. Seriously, I think we need a good cataclysmic explosion to wipe out about half the cast so I can understand it again. Go fictional nuclear bombs! Yay team! Although, actually I may have been a little disoriented last night because I got my eyes dilated at the doctor's office. I'm going to try new contacts to see if they feel any better, but I'm still thinking about the laser eye surgery. The big hurdle now (aside from cost) is the fact that I'd have to take out my contacts for a month before the surgery. And considering my eyeglasses are super-thick, that's a pickle. It's not the appearance that bothers me--it's the fact that my prescription's so high that the glasses actually make the room spin when I turn my head. It would be like being drunk for a month...hey, this may not be so bad after all....

6 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Instead of calling in drunk in the morning, I'd have to call in nearsighted.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think complaining is necessary. Those people are going to bottle everything up and wind up going postal.

What is the deal with Heroes? They keep making reference to 'the final chapters' - is the show coming back next year? I thought maybe that was why they speeded up the plot so much. Although I thought it was wicked cool that Mohinder caught on to Seyler.

You guys still watching Lost?

12:04 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I agree. I think venting is very important so you don't explode later on.

Yeah, I was relieved Mohinder finally got his head out of his hiney. And that last scene with Peter was spooky. I think it's coming back next year, but I'm not sure...? I haven't seen Lost since it moved to 10 although I've been recording it. Has it been good?

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lost suffers from the same "too many plots" problem, but I'm still hooked.

Ann, even I have been able to keep up since it moved to 10- ha! And most weeks they rerun the last episode at 9, so you can watch it at the regular time, just a week behind :)

1:27 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oh...umm...I knew that...yeah...

Seriously, this is making me wonder what I've been doing with myself the past few Wednesdays that I missed that. I have got to stop drinking so much!

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Hurley episodes always seem to be 'feel good' episodes. Perhaps there were some hidden clues, but I think it was mostly to lighten the mood a little bit. I do think that Kate could have gone to find the french chic a little sooner though.

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home