Thursday, February 22, 2007

It's the hardest-working uterus in town

An old friend of mine dropped by work yesterday. It was cool to see her again because it had been a few months since we'd talked, so we were catching up, and she told me that she's getting married in three weeks. She's very excited, and her fiance seems like a very nice guy, but it got me thinking because she's about 24, and I was trying to remember what I was like at 24, and, people, I can't remember. That was 8 years ago, and I'm pretty sure I was at USC taking classes and working, but I can't remember the small stuff. What car I drove, where I lived, it's all a big blur. I can definitely narrow down apartments and cars, but I honestly couldn't pinpoint for sure, and I certainly couldn't tell you what I did day-to-day because the only image that comes to mind is palmetto bugs and the darkened seminar room in Sloan. But I suppose this really isn't that surprising. I couldn't even tell you what I wore to work yesterday. I gotta stop drinking so much! Heh heh.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

I'm pretty sure I was an even bigger dork then than I am now, which is disturbing. I don't think I even wore makeup when I was 24. Wow.
I don't know if we're going or not. J might have a conference that Saturday--he needs to confirm the date. And it's 3 hours away, so I'm not sure yet.

8:40 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

How FUNNY that you brought up the darkened seminar room in Sloane! I was just talking about that yesterday! And, you are not going to believe this, but WHO taught our 17th c. realism seminar? She was a beast and for the life of me, can't remember!
Anyhoo, 24 was fun...in grad school, cute apt on Maple St, COOL friends in said grad school! :)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I made some of my best friends when I was 24, it's true :)

Was that Heisner? I can't remember the name of the woman who taught 19th century...she was French and hated everything about everything.

10:22 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Heisner, that's it! I called her "The Beast" for so long that i forgot her name! Are you talking about Challons-Lipton? She was strange.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

There was a woman before Challons-Lipton. She was older, with a gray bowl cut, glasses and a ridiculous French accent. When she gave tests, it was just one question and it was always something like "What is Neoclassicism?" Ugh.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oh yeah, I had Heisner at least twice. I took a lot of classes with her and Prof. Bryan.

2:06 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Oh, the one who, thankfully, retired before I started...what WAS her name?? She made students cry a lot...DR. QUINSAC!!!!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home