Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Does Gap.com sell snowshoes?

I finally got to CVS last night to get my annual bag of Sweettart hearts! Yay! I love those things. Back when I was in my teen years (and wooly mammoths roamed the earth), I used to be able to eat an entire bag of Sweettart hearts in a day. I'm amazed now that the lining of my mouth is still mostly intact. It really should have dissolved years ago.

I hate to bring it up again, but we're in the midst of another craptastic winter storm. There were at least three inches on the ground this morning, and we're supposed to get another 5 to 8 inches as the day goes on. That is just wonderful. All the public schools and even the public libraries are closed today, but we're still here. And by "we," I mean me and my one coworker. Everybody else has called in to say they can't get out of their driveways. Lucky jerks.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does Ohio at least handle the snow well? Get it off the roads for you etc.?

9:26 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I can't believe all that snow! It is going to be almost 70 degrees here today!

Do you live close to work?

9:33 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We live about 5 miles from work. Normally it takes us about 15 minutes to get here, but today it took 25. Columbus usually does ok with clearing the roads. They have lots of plows and snow, but for some reason, these last couple storms have hit an hour or two before rush hour, so they don't have time to clean it all off. It's no fun to drive in, I can tell you that.

And I'm going to ignore that comment about it being 70 in Charleston today ;)

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are the same people not coming in to work whenever it snows? It sucks that you're almost expected to cover for them because it's assumed they won't be there. Jerks. I think the whole campus should have a snow-out. Maybe the administration would realize the danger of you guys driving to work.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We just got an email that the offices are closing at 12:30 today. Phew! That's a relief!

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to go sledding, aren't you?

3:46 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

You know, with all this ice on top of the snow, sledding just sounds painful!

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clark Griswold would go sledding. He'd come close to killing himself but he'd go.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home