Monday, February 12, 2007

It might have been the ghost of Patrick Swayze's career

J and I have definitively concluded that our house is, in fact, haunted. The house alarm went off at 1:00 last night, so J went to investigate (I stayed in our bedroom to perform the very important duty of lying completely still so no burglars would find me), and there was no sign of activity at all in the house. Curious. So we figure it's the ghost of the elderly woman who used to live there. In fact, when I first started hanging out with J, we had an episode where we were upstairs and we both heard footsteps coming up the stairs. So J went out the investigate (and, again, I stayed completely still), and nobody was there. But we were talking about it later, and we could each describe exactly where the footsteps were and where it sounded like the person went. Spooky! This is what you get when you live in an 80-year-old house and have seen The Exorcist too many times.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freaky!

Maybe you could have ghost tours and charge for them!

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie, that's an excellent idea. Ann, do you guys want to be on TV? I bet we could get Ghost Hunters to stop by!

8:57 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

That IS freaky!! My family was convinced the house I grew up in was haunted...the family who lived there before us had a son who was killed in a car accident. I would hear footsteps in the hall and sometimes faucets would turn on for no reason. Just a tad scary esp when home by yourself and 15 years old!

9:08 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Gah, I'm freaked out now with this possible ghost--I can't imagine how scared I would have been at 15. Yeah, our ghost (if that is, in fact, her real name) likes to open and close the guest room door, too. Really makes you want to come visit, doesn't it? Huh? Huh? :)

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, Mike loves this kind of stuff... he'd love to come and visit!

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's Casper. He'd be fun to have around.

1:07 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Does Mike have any ESP powers? Maybe he could talk to her and ask her to stop setting off the alarm in the middle of the night. She's usually so polite!

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home