Tuesday, January 30, 2007

You lost me at Timon and Pumba

The title of today's post comes from a discussion J and I were having this morning about Disney. We saw a commercial for Cinderella 3 out on DVD and I was saying how strange it is to make sequels to movies that came out 50 years ago, and J said how most of their original audience is probably too old for cartoons or, well, dead. And then J said that about the Lion King, and I just cracked up laughing. Timon and Pumba. Best scene of that movie is when they do that sudden cut-away to Timon doing the hula dance in front of the hyenas. Ahhh, good stuff.

And the writers of Heroes need to start killing off some characters because I can't keep track of who's who and what's what anymore. I was watching last night and I couldn't remember when Nathan and Mohinder met, when Hiro got to New York, etc.... Ugh. If I wanted to keep track of this much information, I'd take the LSAT's for fun. For crying out loud.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had the same thought about mohinder and nathan!

8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since you seem to have only nephews you aren't privy to the ridiculousness of "Disney Princess Mania". They make the sequels shortly after they release the original movie from the "Vault" to make the parents fork over more cash when their little "princess" catches wind that there are continuing adventures of their beloved royalty!

Most parents today are spineless jellyfish who cave to high pitched squeals in front of the video display at ______(insert mega-mart here), and Disney knows it!!

Hakuna Matata.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I have come up with a plan: if I ever have a little girl and she's jumping up and down to have these "princess movies," I'm just going to rent them from the library. Kids usually forget about wanting things in a couple days anyway, right?

9:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the Cinderella 3 commercial last night. Mike and I looked at eachother and he said "What the hell? 3? Was there even a 2? Does Cindrella fight Apollo?"

And yes, we've been on a Rocky kick lately.

10:43 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Dang, can you imagine Cinderella taking on Apollo? She'd get creamed in about half a second.

10:56 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Sometimes they forget in days sometimes months...that is why you borrow those DVDs from friends whose little girls have already forgotten! EH won't sit still for a 30 min show much less of a movie, so i haven't had to worry about it yet!

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home