Thursday, January 18, 2007

You're a lemur

Let me state for the record here that I realize the following rant is partly due to the fact that I'm not a parent. I recognize that. But I'm watching an Access Hollywood/Extra/ET the other night, and they have Jennifer Garner on there promoting her new movie. So, of course, the "reporter" asks her about what it's like being a mom, and she replies "My one-year-old daughter is the most fascinating person I've ever met. She's the funniest, most interesting person in my life." Really? Seriously? I understand watching a child grow and develop is interesting, sure. And of course she loves her a lot, but that toddler is more interesting than, say, a globe-trotting astrophysicist? For real? Maybe Jennifer Garner just hasn't met a lot of interesting people. She did marry Ben Affleck after all. Zing!

Oh, and did you see Lindsay Lohan checked into rehab? Finally! I hope they make her wear underpants while she's there. Yuck.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope they make Lindsay get rid of the awful blonde hair too.

And in Jennifer's defense, she did say the baby was the most fascinating person she's ever met... maybe she's just never met a globe-trotting astrophysicist?

8:43 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Hmmm...that is definitely an interesting thing to say about a one year old. I have said lots of wonderful things about being a parent and Emma Helen but to say she is the most interesting person in my life would be a sad statement on my life and Kenny might be offended!

8:44 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Heh, that's true. What about your husband, Jennifer Garner? Is he chopped liver? :) It just seems like such an odd thing for someone to say. Especially someone who leads the life of a Hollywood actress who, you would think, meets all sorts of eccentric, fascinating people. But I'm sure it's just cause I don't have kids and I can't relate.

9:00 AM  
Blogger UhLisa said...

Is Lindsay blonde again? I thought she was back to dark. Keeping up with celeb hair could be a full-time job.

Yeah, it does sound like Mrs. Affleck just hasn't met that many people.

It could be the case of overstating. So many people don't think about what they're actually saying.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

all the pics I saw of lindsay on the news this morning were blonde and I just don't think it looks good on her. You are far more up on these things, so if you say she's dark again, I would believe you!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Lindsay's blonde again?? She looks sooooo much better as a redhead or brunette. And all this bleaching cannot be good for her follicles. But perhaps when you're drinking a fifth of gin every day, you stop caring so much about split ends. I don't know.

2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home