Friday, January 05, 2007

I'm psychologically dependent on overanalyzing things

I'm back at work today, not feeling particulary wonderful, but I'm definitely improving. I tell you what, as much as I love cold medicine for its ability to mask symptoms, man, it gives me the shakes. This Tylenol Flu medicine I'm on is making me feeling like I'm going through alcohol withdrawal or something...not that I've ever gone through alcohol withdrawal...I'm really just theorizing here. You know, while I'm on the subject, can I vent about addiction? Because I'm getting annoyed with how easily people throw that word around. I mean, there is such a thing as addiction, I'm not arguing that. Alcohol, heroin, all these things are physically addictive. Shopping and candy are not physically addictive. As much as I'd like to use that as an excuse for spending all my extra cash on sweaters and Skittles, it's just lame. Sex is another thing that, in my opinion, is not addictive. These people are just lacking self-control, and they won't deal with it. That's right, I said it. Take that, world of psychology! Boo yah!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a lot of men would love to be diagnosed as being a sex addict so then they can use that as an excuse for cheating. Was that sexist?

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that your "addiction" (real or not) should get to be an excuse for anything. I don't think that being an alocholic is an excuse for killing someone in a car accident- you know what I mean?

12:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's a good point. An addiction shouldn't be an excuse for bad behavior, period. But I definitely think people use them that way all the time. That whole "sex addict" thing particularly bothers me. As if you can't keep yourself from buying hookers. Whatever!

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home