Monday, January 01, 2007

Carson Daly is getting so weird-looking

Happy New Year! I hope everybody's 2007 is off to a good start, and if I know you people as well as I think I do, that means "I hope you're not lying on a bar bathroom floor right now, counting tiles in an attempt to keep yourself from being sick again." Boozehounds! I kid. We had one of those very tame but also very satisfying New Year's last night. We had these plans to go out and actually see other people, but we ended up staying home and watching the ball drop on tv. J insisted we get the 100-count shrimp ring yesterday, so I am theorizing that after eating 35-40 shrimp apiece, we just didn't have the energy to get dressed up. We are that vulnerable to shellfish.

Oh, and the big news here is that my older brother and his wife had my nephew #7 yesterday! I haven't heard the name yet, but I believe everybody is doing just fine. I still can't believe I have 7 nephews age 4 and under. I think in a few years I'll look back on this time and it'll be a blur of Thomas the Tank Engine and dump trucks.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new nephew!!! That is a lot of little boys under 4 years old.

And that's a lot of shrimp!!!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

It was a lot of shrimp. I think J ate about 65 of the 100. That boy is a shrimp machine.

I still haven't heard the new baby's name yet. I'm very curious to hear what they picked.

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me too as I am very impressionable about baby names these days :)

11:40 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Congrats on the nephew!! Definitely tell us the name when you find out.

Yum, now I want shrimp for dinner and all we have are leftovers from New Years Day dinner! Let me just say those collards better bring some money in this year! :)

12:13 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Mmmm...greens. I was always fond of the turnip greens.

Ok, found out the baby is named Jacob Adam. I don't know if they're going to call him Jake, but, if they do, I will always think of that scene in Sixteen Candles where the geek is trapped under the glass coffee table and he yells in that strangled voice "JAAAAAKE!"

1:18 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

My cat without a tail is named Jake!

1:36 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

It's a good name for both cats and babies!!

2:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike and I were considering Jacob... and we thought Jacob Ryan Russo would actually be a cute name (even if we did steal it from 16 Candles), but it turns out that our neighbors across the street have a baby named Jacob, so we nixed that.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katie, do the F*its have a baby named Jacob or is it another neighbor? A high school friend of mine named her baby Jacob Ryan and she swore it wasn't because of 16 Candles. Yeah, sure.

3:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No, these are good neighbors. The f-its ironically have a daughter named Katie

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home