Thursday, January 04, 2007

I like the last name Negroponte

I'm at home sick today. I've been told that I'm generally a little too forthcoming with details of my various illnesses, so if that sort of thing bothers you, you might want to stop reading at this point. Heh heh. No, it's not that bad really. I was feeling kind of achy yesterday and then woke up at 4 this morning with one of those searing sore throats that makes it hard to swallow anything cooler than boiling water. And then I noticed the achy joints and general malaise that the weak covet and the genius lament (look at me, I'm Zippy Longstockings!), and I decided to just stay home rather than infect others.

I just reread what I typed above, and I'm thinking I might be suffering from a bit of dementia, as well. Awesome.

Anywho, I'm going to go back to the couch and stare at the Wubby J. until he starts talking to me. I know he can do it. He's just messing with us with all that meowing.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better! Everyone seems to be sick. I'm trying very hard to stay away from all of the germs.

Do you ever imagine what Wubby would sound like if he could talk? Mike and I do this... we liken our animal's would be voices to celebrities etc. We also think that the theme song for The Office should also be Ralph's (our pug) theme song. He looks so cute running around when it is playing.

10:57 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We always talk in the Wubby voice, which sounds a lot like a sullen teenage boy...although we've always figured that when he's hanging out with his posse, he sounds more like Eminem.

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Zippy Longstocking, are you feeling any better?

My mom and aunt got into a discussion about their various ailments and my dad begged them to stop. He really didn't want to hear it. But I think that when you're over 50, that's a main topic of conversation. Just so you know, I enjoy hearing about that kind of stuff so always feel free to share.

12:48 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I hope I'm not boring anybody when I talk about being sick. It kind of fascinates me why I've been getting so many sore throats since I moved back to Columbus. I remember more nasal problems when I was younger. Meh.
Oh, I tried to leave a comment on your blog and it wouldn't let me. Jerks.

3:31 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Ann, I hope you feel better today (Friday)!! I was sick over Christmas but am all better now thanks to the amoxcyllin.

When we talk in the Jake (our tail-less cat) we talk like Rocky b/c we have always likened him to a dumb jock...even the way he walks is dumb-jockish.

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home