Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Working in a coal mine

I doubt I've mentioned this before, but the library I work in is located in the basement of a 3-story building here on campus. Right above my office is the big school auditorium and the main gallery where the school does all the big art shows. And it's usually a fine situation until the work crews show up to move the walls of the gallery around, hang shows or retile the floor just for kicks. I swear, it sounds like the ceiling is going to cave in. I keep having these visions of me coming back from the bathroom one day and finding a jackhammer impaled in my desk. And the workers almost always show up on breaks when the students aren't around, so days like today mean I'll have a symphony of hammering above my head all day. And normally I'd whine about this nonstop, but apparently somebody is feeling sorry for us today because there were cookies from the work company in the break room this morning! Whee! I will glady endure 8 hours of power tools for one Cheryl & Co. sugar cookie! Yum!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! That is really nice that they brought you cookies... not really the norm for work crews!

9:31 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Seriously. And to think they had the foresight to bring a bunch of women cookies! These dudes must have been married for like 20 years. They seem to understand chicks.

10:34 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

that is so cool! i want sugar cookies now! But I do have fudge on the way thanks to Alisa! yeah!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Mmmm...fudge. Fudge is another perfect gift.

11:21 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

let me tell you, it is DELISH. I have three flavors: mint, rocky road and peanut butter cup.
yum!

3:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beth, I'm glad you like them! I also made a caramel pecan but it never really hardened. My mom thought we could melt it down and pour it on ice cream. She's a real problem solver.

Ann, Beth and I can sympathize, we have a loud pile driver down the street and it'll be banging until February 15th.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home