Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A humiliating, dehumanizing defeat

Well, that was certainly no fun to watch. What was the finale score? 386-14? Geesh. I don't know what the Florida players had in their Wheaties, but, whatever it was, they ought to sell it on the street because they could make millions. I'm not going to lie to you, after Ohio State was down by 20 points and the third quarter was ending, I just took a Nyquil and went to bed. Ugh. I'm just going to start watching golf from now on. I'm not emotionally invested in that at all.

But nature took pity on all of us Buckeye fans this morning and blanketed the streets with a light coating of snow that was quite lovely. The roads were fine and it doesn't even feel that cold outside, so it was nice to see. Of course, my favorite kind of snow is the kind that makes work shut down, but I'll take this, too.

3 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I must say I was really surprised by the loss, I am sorry! UF only beat USC by three points this year, what ARE they doing this year? Kenny said he tried to stay up until the end but at midnight just couldn't stay awake. He said there were sooo many commercials. Well, you follow USC football, too, so you know how to deal with defeat! hee hee!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my deepest sympathy, Ann. I can't stand Florida and am irked that they beat OSU.

I'm glad you have some pretty snow though!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Heh, that's true, I'm a Browns fan and a Gamecock fan, so I know how to handle disappointment :) I'm going to turn my attention to the NFL now and hope that my favorite teams win there.

This is annoying, too--I've been blowing my nose so much that the skin between my nose and upper lip is all red and chapped. Ouch.

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home