Monday, January 29, 2007

I'm coming for you, scrunchy

I believe J and I said the following phrase about 18 times each this weekend: "Daaang, it's cold out here!" Man, what a frosty weekend we had! But still no snow day! Grrr. Let me preface this by saying that I really do enjoy my job and am quite grateful to have it, but there's something so enchanting about the thought of waking up on a Monday, finding work is closed and being able to pad around the house in jammies all day. Sigh. Of course, I'd only want to do that for one day. I have found that being home in the daytime can get really old really fast. Eventually, Rachel Ray starts to look like Maury Povich, and then you know you're in trouble.

And in good news, my bangs are almost grown out to the point I can tuck them behind my ear. I think that by March I'll be able to stop wearing them back in a barrette. Sweet merciful crap. I am so sick of looking like a dork.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like some of the TV on during the day. I refuse to watch the 'talk shows' and stick to the Discovery networks (TLC, Food Network, Travel, etc.) I really could be quite happy not working.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I never thought I'd say this, but I don't think I'd be happy not working. I think it's because I actually really like this job. Now, if I won the lottery, would I still work here? I think we know the answer to that :)

9:27 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah! Take that, Mother Nature! It's sort of annoying because we're getting snow, but it's just flakes blowing around and not sticking to the roads. Or it hits early enough that the salt trucks clear it up before we have to go to work. Jerks.

10:49 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Sabotage the snow trucks!

I got so tired of daytime tv when i was on maternity leave! Ann, I agree, I like working; the routine, the interaction, etc. etc. But, like you, if I won the lottery and won a good sum like 10 million dollars...would definitely quit! :)

3:06 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

For sure. I'd like to think I'd find something to do with my lottery winnings besides spend it on a tv though. Take classes, travel, something.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home