Friday, January 26, 2007

You need to give it up, I've had about enough

They had a story on the Today show yesterday and this morning about a Belgian skydiver who killed another Belgian skydiver because they were both dating the same man. So the one woman cuts the lines in the parachute of the other woman, causing her to plunge to her death. Wow. That is harsh. I understand jealousy and anger, I really do. But to go out there and watch someone fall 10,000 feet (I'm sorry, 3000 meters) because you're both dating a sleazoid cheater? That don't make no sense. I think the women in that situation right there could have learned something from that Brandy/Monica video for The Boy is Mine and teamed up and threw the man out. Not that I think Brandy, in particular, is that smart in real life, but sometimes fiction teaches us better lessons than reality.

It's Friday! Huzzah!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this story the other day... crazy!

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. Here here! Women need to band together and teach these men that they can't do that. I doubt very much that this will stop this man from dating two women at once in the future.

On an unrelated note, since you watch The Today Show, do you think Matt Lauer is sabotaging Meredith Viera? I saw an article about that and wondered.

9:21 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Amen, sisters! No dude is worth killing someone!
Anyone see "John Tucker Must Die?" Teeny bopper movie I am embarrassed to say I have seen but relates to Ann's post.
Interesting about The Today show!! Where could I look it up online?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, no man is worth spending the rest of your life in jail. Being cheated on is awful, but that's why there's wine, shopping and friends to talk to. Murder is just excessive.

No, I hadn't heard that about Matt Lauer! But I have noticed while watching that he and Al Roker are kind of snarky with her sometimes. It kind of seems like they don't respect her.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home