Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Excuse me while I kiss this guy

My friend at work was just telling me she's planning a trip to Key West in March. Ahh, that sounds nice, doesn't it? Key West is one of those places I would really like to visit. And it's not just because of the tropical weather and ocean breezes. No, I'm talking about getting some real key lime pie. Awww yeah. I think that if I went to Key West, my plan would be to get up in the morning, have pie, take a walk on the beach while eating pie, have a pie buffet for lunch and then nap until it's dinnertime, when I'd have steak. That's what I'm saying.

And I hope I've made it abundantly clear that I will not be watching the State of the Union address tonight. The title of that speech always confused me as a kid. I was always like "Which one will the President talk about this time? Idaho? Missouri?"

7 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Key West is definitely fun! You can make authentic key lime pie using key limes! my mom's recipe is fabulous, if you are interested.
Just don't get lost in KW, some areas are very rough and scary, believe me.

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Key West does seem like a cool place to visit. Orlando Matt loves going down there. Mmmm, key lime pie. Yummy!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ooh, I'd love a real key lime pie recipe!! Is it hard to make? Can I even get the right limes up here?

9:48 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I would check Fresh Market-type places or any other kind of specialty store. I have seen them at Publix, though.
I will email my Mom and ask if she can put her hands on her key lime pie recipe!

10:49 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Oooh, you're the best! I might make my first trip to Whole Foods in search of the elusive key lime in Ohio. I wonder if I would need a zester. I've always wanted an excuse to buy a zester.

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is a zester like a microplane? I've always wondered that. Anyway I want one of those things too.

4:16 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Microplanes are fabulous!!! It makes zesting (is that a verb?) so easy!!! Definitely worth getting one.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home