Friday, February 02, 2007

Jazz! Charleston! Interpretive!

I woke up this morning feeling stressed out. Generally, I just wake up feeling confused and sleepy, but this morning I had a tightness in my chest. And you want to know why? It's not a good reason. I just have actual plans for the weekend. That's right: having things to do on Saturday and Sunday stress me out to the point where I'm having myocardial infarctions. I am that big of a wuss. And I'm really quite excited to see my family this weekend and watch the Super Bowl, but the prospect of having to make my house look presentable (instead of its normal status of "acceptable" or occasionally "borderline") for visitors is giving me anxiety. I swear, sometimes I think the world should hold a pharmaceutical lottery so I could get a lifetime supply of Valium. Is that so wrong?!?

I joke. I joke because I love. Stay off the drugs, kids!

7 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Crack is whack. Words to live by.

Speaking of charleston..Ann, when are you coming to visit?? :)

10:16 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I just left a comment and it disappeared. Curious.

I'm hoping to visit Charleston real soon. We're figuring out our vacation plans for this summer, and one option is going to Florida and stopping in SC. Yes!

And listen to this: I ordered some yellow bbq sauce from Sticky Fingers a couple weeks ago, and it turns out they lost my order. NOOOOOO!!!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you should try Maurice's BBQ next time! HA!

12:15 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm not supporting the home of the Hate Plate! ;)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

It turns out FedEx were the ones who lost my bbq sauce (well, they didn't lose it, but they left it on my porch without a signature, so it got stolen), but Sticky Fingers is offering to reship the order at no extra charge! Isn't that nice? I love that place!

2:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hate Plate?

2:55 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's what we always used to call the combo meal at Maurice's.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home