Thursday, February 08, 2007

Two steps forward

We were watching American Idol last night and there was a strange Puerto Rican fella on there who mentioned Paula Abdul's Opposites Attract video with the animated cat. Well, you know how I've told you before that we like to change lyrics of songs so they're about the Wubby J.? So J starts singing "It ain't fiction, he's an actual cat" and I started laughing so hard I was crying. And then he started laughing so hard he was crying, so we're both sitting there on the couch doubled over giggling with tears streaming down our faces. And even while it was happening, I was thinking "Is this going to be half as funny when I write it in my blog tomorrow?" You be the judge.

It's still outrageously cold here. Yesterday, my part-time worker told me it's supposed to get up to 28 on Saturday, and the whole library erupted into applause. Pathetic. I'm going to hop on a plane for Puerto Rico this afternoon. Carne asada!

6 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I vote for funny!

Hop in your car and come south, my friend, the weather is supposed to be nice and in the 50s here this weekend!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Dang, that is tempting. I really do miss SC winters. I never had to wear heavy mittens, boots, and down coats in Columbia. Sigh. Maybe I should insitute a mandatory winter break in SC every year. Yeah!

9:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was 70 here yesterday.

I think a mandatory winter break in SC is a fantabulous idea.

Do you think Wubby spends the rest of the evening humming the songs to himself?

10:12 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Generally, whenever we start singing, Wubby shoots us these withering looks. And you can't blame him. I am completely tone deaf. But, yeah, it's possible he sings himself the songs and enjoys it. I've always suspected he has a good singing voice.

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We do it too... the recent fav for the cats is...
"Cali works the diner all day, working for her man, she brings home her pay for Mo... for Mo..." (Living on a Prayer"
And for Ralphie we like
"I gotta whole lotta pug, I gotta whole lotta pug" (Whole lot of love)

12:49 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

HA! Those are awesome! "Whole lotta pug." Hee!

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home