Monday, February 05, 2007

Try dragging it

That was a good game last night. My Mom came into town to watch the game with me since I figured J would be on the computer most of the night (which turned out to be an accurate prediction), and we had a delightful time rooting for the Colts. It was a fun game to watch. I like Super Bowls a lot better when it's not a completely one-sided blowout. But, I must say, I thought the commercials weren't super-entertaining this year. Now, the pregame show, on the other hand, that was an emotional roller coaster ride. I'm not even kidding--I started crying about four times watching those stories about football players who've passed away, watching current players talk about their hard childhoods, etc.... I was a wreck. It's like when I watch the Olympics, and I'm all prepared to hate the competitors, but when they tell the stories about them growing up in Lithuanian orphanages and only having their ice skates to bring them hope, I cry like a baby. Man, I'm such a girl sometimes! I make myself sick!

4 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Those Olympic stories just kill me! I missed all the football stories but I am sure they were tearjerkers! I watched the 1st half of the game but am glad the Colts won...i prefer college football. The commercials were a little disappointing although the Doritos one with the guy wrecking his car was funny.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I liked that Doritos commercial, too. I even liked the Kevin Federline commercial. But overall there weren't a whole bunch that really made me laugh.

I felt bad for those players out there in the rain like that. ...wait, what am I saying? They each probably made $100,000 just playing in that game. Never mind. I'm sure they were FINE.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While watching the players in that horrible rain, I said to Mike, "that's just one more reason why I could never play professional football" HA!

I thought Budweiser made a decent showing and I like the CareerBuilder commercials too. And the Blockbuster one for which the post is named was pretty cute too!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

The Careerbuilder ones were pretty original. I liked the gladiator-style one.

You know, I can't even remember the last time I had to stand out in the rain for 3 hours. I probably haven't done that since I was a kid.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home