Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Dang kids

It was -12 with the wind chill when I got up this morning. Yesterday it was -19. And today we're supposed to get 1 to 3 inches of snow. All the public schools are closed, but I'm still here at work. Tomorrow, I'm just going to call in cold.

Apparently, I should not have had that second glass of wine with dinner last night because I fell asleep on the couch at 8:45. Honestly, any day now I'm just going to stop fighting fate and purchase a walker, orthopedic shoes and a subscription to Soap Opera Digest. I'm going to start coloring my hair gray and wearing caftans. I'm going to reminisce with friends about the Great War (I've read books, so I'll come up with something) and how I miss doing laundry by hand. There's just no point in telling people I'm 32 anymore. There's nothing 32 about me. Sigh.

Yeah, so if anybody saw Heroes last night, let me know what happened. I seriously didn't catch a single minute of it.

8 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I feel the same way sometimes! Kenny asked me last night when we got old...it was 9:00 and I was already in my pj's and reading...I had no idea what he was talking about! :)

9:41 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

My favorite was the time I was sitting in bed hemming some pants and J was beside me reading a book for work. It was probably about 9:00, too, and we looked at each other and realized how pitiful we'd become.

10:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ready for me to be slightly bitchy? Yeah, it's cold here too. I think it's only going to get up to 49 today!

I do miss the days when I left to go out at 10. Now I'm all about happy hour and getting home by 8pm.

10:14 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

49? You suck.

That's what gets me about being tired from this past weekend: I didn't even stay out late. I just had a lot to do and that plum tuckered me out. I can't imagine what I'd be like if I was up until 2 or 3. I'd probably be out of it for two weeks.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even before I was pregnant, 10pm was my limit. The last time I was down in DC I didn't understand how Marshley was staying up until midnight!

I saw most of heroes, but not the end. Seyler got out and was going to kill Clare's mom (and eventually Clare), but dad got there just in time and shot him, but I'm not sure what happened with him after that. Clare got to meet her real mom and they each showed eachother their super powers. The younger Petrelli was walking around with the invisible guy trying to learn how to control his powers. That's about all I remember... I have the rest recorded though, so I can fill you in later!

2:43 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Verrry interesting about Clare's dad shooting that guy. He can't be dead, but I'm glad he didn't get Clare's adoptive mom. Whatever happened to Clare's brother?

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He seems to becoming brain dead from the memory erasing stuff. Oh, and the guy had to erase Clare's adoptive mom's memory again b/c of all this craziness.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

That woman's going to get a tumor.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home