Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Do they make rubber pants our size?

We got a snow day today! And, believe me, it's not just my inner slacker that's rejoicing about this--the weather's really bad out there! It's very icy. The trees are covered in ice, my car is covered in ice, the 6 inches of snow on the ground are covered in ice. Lotsa ice, in other words. So I figure I'll put on a pot of coffee soon and watch some DVDs...unless the power goes out. They keep saying on the news how we need to get out candles and battery-powered radios because there's a very high probability that our power lines will freeze and snap in the high winds. I do not look forward to that development. If that happens, I'm getting in the car and heading to the nearest open McDonald's. Word up.

5 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Yeah, i am so glad you got a snow day!! ENJOY IT!!!

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We didn't get that much snow, but we got all the ice... still sleeting. We don't have a snow day, but I am choosing to work from home today!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely keep us updated. Obviously you can't if the power goes out but I need to live vicariously through someone else's snow day.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Katie, I'm glad you're working at home. Something about icy conditions just freaks me out. I really don't like the idea of people driving on that. Right now it's snowing on top of the ice, so it's deceptively pretty. I'm still refusing to step outside, however.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that I WANTED to drive in this crap, but Mike pretty much told me I wasn't going in when he nearly killed himself just trying to take
Ralphie out last night

11:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home