Tuesday, February 20, 2007

That would be a devastating edit

I've been up since 3:15 this morning because our neighbor pulled into his driveway, music blaring, and I couldn't fall back asleep. I don't think he was driving the monster truck because it was only loud, not ear-splitting (for some reason, these neighbors don't believe in mufflers). So I'm thinking that if J and I can't figure out a way to rotate our house on its vertical axis so that our bedroom windows are facing our quiet neighbors, we're just going to have to move. Because as bad as it is in the winter with the crunchy snow and people letting their engines warm up in the morning, it only gets worse during the summer in our neighborhood. Fireworks, gunfire, stray dogs getting into fights with stray cats, teenagers up at 2 a.m. yelling across the street that they need some meth, etc.... My poor ears. I swear, one day I'm going to move to Greenland. I don't care how much snow it is. I'd much rather be woken up by a barking sea lion than Eminem's greatest hits. I honestly think the sea lion has more talent. Zing!

6 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I am just in shock that your neighbors are so rude about their music in the middle of the night!! I think you should get J to say something, he sounds like a reasonable and diplomatic person!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

He also owns several guns, so they might actually listen to him when he tells them to shut up, too.

8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so sad and disappointing that people have no regard for others around them. Yes, J could say something but really I think we'd all be happier if you got out of that neighborhood.

And I love when you give yourself a Zing!

9:34 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I feel about my neighborhood the same way I feel about Paris: it would be fine if there were no people in it.

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eminem has a Greatest Hits Album!!?? What is the world coming to???!!! I vote for moving...you guys are far to classy for such redneckedness!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Well, thank you. I don't want to judge, but I will put out there that J and I have about half the number of vehicles as our neighbors. Why does a family of two need 4 cars? Why?

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home