Thursday, February 15, 2007

Sunday! Sunday! Sunday!

I don't think I mentioned it already, but we have new neighbors. The house next door to us had been sitting empty for a few months, but last weekend a new family moved in. And so far, they had been just fine, no trouble at all. But this morning, they started their monster truck (which sits directly beneath our bedroom windows) at 4 a.m. and let it idle for about 10 minutes. For Pete's sake. And I'm not even exaggerating that much when I call it a monster truck--it's got enormous wheels, it's got no muffler, and it seems really angry when you look at it head-on. So I'm hoping that either this waking up at 4 was a fluke, or they put a muffler on it, because that is going to get real annoying real fast.

And we're back at work today. The main roads were nice and clear, and since J cleaned the ice off the car yesterday, we only had to spend about 2 minutes yanking the car doors open this morning. Honestly, it was an improvement over what it could have been.

10 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Oh no they didn't. Started their monster truck at 4am?? That is so rude and inconsiderate. Maybe you could get them a muffler as a houswarming? :)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Hee, it's tempting! I don't know exactly how many people live in the house, but they have four cars from what I can tell. And since they have no garage, 2 or 3 are parked in their driveway and there's always at least one in the street.

10:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew the post had to do with monster trucks as soon as I saw the title...

That is just crazy! My neighbors are weird, but at least they don't have a monster truck!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew the post had to do with monster trucks as soon as I saw the title...

That is just crazy! My neighbors are weird, but at least they don't have a monster truck!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

They just had one of those commercials for monster truck rallies running on tv here (kids get in for only $5!). I cannot think of many places I would rather go less than a monster truck rally. Yuck.

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oddly enough, a Monster Truck Rally is on my list of things to try that I normally wouldn't. It's below NASCAR and above Ren Faire.

If it happens again, you need to tell them that it's not very neighborly.

2:11 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

Don't have any interest in going to a NASCAR race but DID get the opportunity to ride in a stock car at the Lowe's Motor Speedway a few years ago...surprise ending to a wedding shower that was at the restaurant there. (Bride a big NASCAR fan) After going over 100mph around those curves, I have a whole new respect for the drivers, but just not interested in watching a race. Sorry to ramble!

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say, I used to visit the PA Ren Faire every year... I think it is a lot of fun!

No desire for Nascar. Monster trucks might be fun, but I wouldn't want to expose my child to that much white trash at one time!

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the best way to do NASCAR would be to get an RV and some friends and park in the center. You could sit on the roof, drink some beer, and occasionally watch the cars go by. And basically, for me, going to NASCAR would be a giant mullet hunt. Mmmmmullets!

Beth, I've always wanted to do one of those ride in a stock car things. That sounds like fun.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I bet you could hunt for farmer tans at a NASCAR race, too. I think that out of the three, I'd probably most want to go to a Renaissance fair. I generally feel more comfortable around geeks than hillbillies. Not that I'm judging. I'm just saying!

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home