Sunday, March 04, 2007

Ultimate Frying Champion

Yesterday was fun. We had a birthday party for J's nephew's wife and then we went up to visit some friends on the northwest side of town. And, let me tell you, there's quite a difference between the west side of town where we live and the northwest side. It's amazing what half a direction can make. Anyway, J was helping them with their computer, and then the guys were watching UFC on pay-per-view while the ladies played Clue. I finally mustered up the courage to watch a couple of the UFC fights, and that was something. See, I don't like boxing because I don't enjoy watching brain damage as it happens, and UFC was even more brutal. This one match was between a 6'4" 280 lb. beast and a 43-year-old, 6', 240 lb. dynamo. And the older guy actually won! By the end of the match, the beast's eye was swelling up and you could actually see it get bigger and bigger by the second. Yuck. I still can't believe people participate in this voluntarily. It seems like some sort of punishment to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I don't even know what UFC is but it sounds brutal! Clue sounds fun, though, I have not played that in so long!

7:32 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I actually won a game of Clue based on a guess. Nice.

UFC means Ultimate Fighting Champion, I think. I believe they show it on Spike channel, too.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home