Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I wanna be a princess!

J and I were just discussing vacation as we were driving into work today. There's nothing like piles of black, sooty snow to make you think about getting the heck out of town. We were throwing around the idea of Florida because he has a couple friends who live there, and I'm liking the fact that South Carolina is on the way. I've been to Orlando, St. Augustine and Tampa Bay, but does anybody know of other nice places to stay? Is there anywhere you can go where you don't need a car to get around? That was one of the things I always liked about Vegas--that you can walk most places so you don't have to get your car in and out of parking every day. But, I'm telling you, a vacation sounds most delightful right now. It's not even that life is particularly hard or stressful...I just wanna throw on some flip flops and eat a mango in peace and quiet, you know? Dig it.

9 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

My suggestion is not in Florida but on the way...Savannah is great place to stay downtown and walk around along the riverfront. Lots of shops, etc. and of course, Paula Deen's restaurant is there! Other than St. Augustine, I am afraid I don't have a lot of suggestions for Florida, sorry!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That's an idea. I've been to Savannah before, but only for day trips. I would totally go just for a meal at Paula Deen's restaurant.

9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We went to Ft. Lauderdale a few years ago and stayed right on the beach (had to cross A1A to get there, but it wasn't a busy section). Our condo was close to the Beach Place which is a resort that has tons of dining and bar options. There were also other places to eat (and drink) within walking distance, and a few great ones we found that we had to drive to.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo, and at the Beach Place there is a place called Cheeseburger Cheeseburger, and if you eat their 1 lb burger they put your picture on the wall, and there is a GREAT Irish pub called Sally O'Briens that had an amazing house band. Here's the site: http://www.galleryatbeachplace.com/index.htm

Okay, I'm done...

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never been, but I've heard great things about the keys...

10:31 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Now I'm in the mood for a 1-pound cheeseburger. It might take me a couple days, but I bet I could eat that.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Well, there is that chick who does all the hot dog eating contests. I bet she could eat that burger. But other than her, nobody else I know comes to mind...nobody I'd want to mention on the internet anyway. Zing!

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should go to the Keys! That would be fin and talk about relaxing in the sand!

4:12 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

ok, i have been to the keys and it is fun, I guess i thought you wouldn't want to go that far away. Just don't get lost walking around Key West, there are some scary areas! There is no way I could finish a 1lb burger, I am with Uhlisa, I can barely finish a 1/4 lb burger. Anyhoo, let us know what you decide!

5:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home