Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Hold your tongue and say "apple"

I changed my shirt three times this morning, and I still don't like what I'm wearing. Dang it.

So J and I were having a discussion the other day about butts. Cigarette butts, that is. J detests people who throw cigarette butts on the ground as if they somehow don't qualify as litter. And I completely agree that it's annoying and stupid. But J's rage toward butt-throwers is the kind of boiling hatred usually reserved for things like Nazis, injustice and Pauly Shore. He gets really mad! He'll even yell at people on the street if he sees them toss a butt on the ground. He'll be like "Yeah, that's right, cigarette butts aren't litter! You suck!" It's pretty funny, actually. He's a one-man campaign against tobacco-related littering. Good for him. If he succeeds, the world will definitely be a cleaner place.

2 Comments:

Blogger JLR said...

That is so funny, b/c I have a crazy mad hate for those people too! I wish that their cars would instantly fill up with cig butts the moment they throw their own out the window.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, I really don't understand why the people who do that seem to think it's not "really littering" or whatever. I feel sorry for whoever has to clean that up.

9:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home