Monday, April 09, 2007

There's baloney in our slacks

I hope everyone had a nice Easter! We drove through the driving snow to get to my Mom's, where we saw her, my older sister, her husband and nephews #2 and #5. We had so much fun and the little guys are just so adorable. Nephew #5 is almost one and he's quite the peekaboo player. And nephew #2 cracked me up--at one point, we were playing bean bags and he bonked his head against the wall. But he just stood up and shook it off, so I said "You are tough!" and he looked at me and replied matter of factly, "I'm three." Ha! Tough as nails.

I also read this weekend that Angelina Jolie has four full-time nannies. Now, I assume two of those are for Brad so he can get his hair to look right, but I still can't believe a man and woman need that much help raising kids. My Mom and Dad raised all four of us with only an occasional babysitter. Hollywood people are so wussy.

4 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

4 full time nannies? Give me a freakin' break. These celebrities spout off their philosophies of raising kids and big families, etc, but they are not even the ones raising their kids!! UGH. I really loathe Angelina.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know, that's so irritating that she's talking about how much she loves kids, how she wants to save all these orphans, but she's not even raising them herself. And then she goes and signs up for three movies that are all shooting out of the country. Interesting. It's remarkable to me how much I dislike her considering I've never met her.

10:29 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I know what you mean!

Meant to say earlier that EH is the same way about being 3...she is very proud to be a "big girl" and using that against her is how I reason with her! "Reason" being a relative term with a preschooler! :)

11:37 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know, I love it when my nephew talks about things he did when he was "a baby." Ha!

12:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home