Thursday, April 19, 2007

Wax on

Somebody's going to have to fill me in on last night's Lost because one minute I'm watching the opening and Desmond's talking to a monk, and then next thing I know, he's yelling at Charlie and saying he shouldn't have saved his life and they found some chick hanging in a tree by a parachute. Whaaaa? That is just not the kind of show you can fall asleep in the middle of and it make any sense. Criminal Minds, on the other hand....

Ok, I'm not psychiatrist, but did anybody else think the Virginia Tech gunman seemed a little schizophrenic? I was watching his videos and, I swear, I couldn't even understand what he was talking about. Obviously, the guy was a sociopath, but I wonder if he needed anti-psychotic drugs, the kind that make you drool all day long but at least you're docile.

I just got an email from Alisa saying Sanjaya was kicked off American Idol. I'm surprised. I was afraid his big eyebrows were going to win it for him.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is sad when I can stay up to watch all of Lost and you can't. Did you record it? It was a good episode!

Crazy shooter guy- I haven't seen all the tape/pics, but they keep showing that pic of him holding the hammer and it is almost comical- what was he going to do with a hammer? However, I don't know what it would have taken to get him on some nice drooling drugs b/c he stalked 2 girls, had a teacher report him to the police and he spent time in a mental insitution... what other evidence did they need?

9:46 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I heard that because he never directly threatened someone with violence, they couldn't arrest him for anything and they couldn't kick him out of school. I wonder if that'll change though. I think he was a sociopath since he hid his violent thoughts so well. Most of his roommates just thought he was quiet and weird. It's so sad.

10:16 AM  
Blogger UhLisa said...

I think I read that he was prescribed anti-psychotic drugs. Taking them proved to be difficult for him I guess.

Um, has anyone heard anything about his parents? Do we think they've moved back to South Korea?

How about one big database where people who are clinically psychopathic and are prescribed heavy duty drugs get flagged at guns shops? Anyone?

11:00 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I like the database idea. I think people who are arrested for stalking shouldn't be able to buy guns either. It's too bad the girls he did it to didn't press charges.

I'm very curious to hear what his parents and sister have to say. I doubt they'll ever give an interview, but you really have to wonder what his home life was like.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be too left wing here, but I think we definitely need better gun laws. The number of gun related deaths in Philadelphia alone is startling- I think we are around 150 this year already!

11:35 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That is way too much. I favor more restrictions on guns, too. Sometimes I think you should have to wait decades before you can buy a semiautomatic. I should probably do more research on it though. I'm telling you, we hear gunshots in our neighborhood a LOT. Some people treat them like toys. It's scary.

12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home