Monday, April 30, 2007

Xavier Cougat

What a nice weekend. It was warm, sunny and breezy here both Saturday and Sunday. Of course, I napped through most of it, but it was nice just knowing how lovely it was outside. There must have been some vaporized Ambien in the air 'round here, because J slept for over 12 hours last night. And considering he wakes up at 7 to come to work, that's quite a chunk of rest. Around 9 last night, I thought about waking him up because I was afraid he'd have trouble sleeping through the night (listen to me, I act like he's 2 years old), but I didn't and he dozed just fine. Amazing. I honestly can't remember the last time I slept for 12 hours in a row. It was probably back in '97 when I came home from studying abroad in England. I remember leaving London in the morning then being awake for 36 hours before I finally got back to Ohio and conked out. And that, my friends, was the last time I slept well. Sometimes I think I should sign up for some elective surgery just to catch some z's. It's so sick and wrong.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you guys had such nice weather and could get out to enjoy it.

Wow, 12 hours is impressive. Did he feel incredibly refreshed after it? Be honest, Ann, did you slip him something?

8:44 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Heh heh, what me? Slip my husband drugs? Never! Heh heh heh. The funny thing was that I think he actually could have slept longer because he was pretty groggy when he woke up. Remarkable.

9:47 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I dream about getting 12 hours of sleep! :) On the weekends, EH is up and ready to go at 6am but this morning, I had to wake her up out of a dead sleep at 7:00! sigh.

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm always tired these days, but only wish I could sleep for 12 hours!!!

1:50 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

J must have been born under a good sign--I don't know anybody who can sleep that much!

2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home