Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Whatever! Whatever! I'll do what I want!

I don't know if it was the giant Steak 'n Shake milkshake I got with dinner last night or what, but I've got this feeling that at any moment my stomach is going to revolt on me and start with the intestinal distress. I've got this vague, general sense of disquiet in my tummy, and this I find disturbing. Well, we shall see. Perhaps I'm just nervous because I have to give a student a quiz this morning and I'm afraid he'll talk me into giving him the answers. Which, really, would not be a good move on his part because the test is on history of cinema and when I read the questions, I didn't know any of the answers. I just kept hoping that Spike Lee was the answer, but it never seemed to fit anywhere. Meh.

It's raining outside today. In fact, last night it was thundering and lightning, and J woke me up to tell me and I leaned over and whispered to him "You have got to let me sleep." I'm kind of a jerk in the middle of the night.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would think if you kept answering 'Spike Lee'- they'd get the gist... but who knows with the kids these days!

And tell the J-man... he should never wake sleeping beauty in the middle of the night!!! Especially when she is actually sleeping good!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know, he probably thought that either his coming into the room or the thunder had already woken me up, but not this time. I'm just glad I fell back asleep.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few weeks ago, Mike and I awoke in the middle of the night to one of the cats puking on the bed. Mike says to me "Mo is puking on the bed" and I answered "what do you want me to do about it?" He wasn't puking on my side of the bed- I was safe!

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are the questions? I want to know how I'd do.

I'm surprised you didn't knock J in the head.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Heh, cat puke wouldn't bother me at 2 a.m.. 2 p.m., sure, but not when I'm trying to sleep.

Alisa, I'll email you a couple questions. They're pretty long, but you'll get a good idea.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home