Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Showcase showdown

For some reason, it feels weird to be back at work today. We only had the one day off yesterday, but I'm missing just lying around all day in sweatpants watching miniseries on the History Channel. Sigh. Sometimes I think that even though it's been, geez, about 6 years since I was in school and had summers off, I still expect to get a summer vacation every year. And, really, since I work at a college, it's sort of like summer vacation because all the faculty and students are gone, but it's just not the same as getting to watch The Price Is Right every day while eating watermelon. Those were the days right there. But, honestly, I don't know what I'd do with myself if I had three months off from work every summer. I suppose I'd just give in and learn to like Dr. Keith Ablow....?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually watched the Price is Right yesterday and had some watermelon last night. I was thinking the same thing about how fun summer vacations were. Why do you think I'm going into education?

8:54 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Seriously, that's the way to go. I don't know how my sister teaches kindergarten every day, but I know she lives it up in the summertime. And teachers get a nice break at Christmas, too. That's a pretty sweet deal.

9:48 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I know! I would love 3 months off in the summer! Last night we realized that we are definitely in the summer season on TV...there was NOTHING on except for that show about getting revenge on your ex...is this the new low for reality TV?

4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home