Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Molly, you in danger, girl

I've gotten so tired of Dr. Phil and the dumb contestants on The Price Is Right that I've started to watch reruns of ER in the morning. The one yesterday featured an armless Dr. Romano being crushed by a helicopter. The same helicopter that chopped off his arm, perhaps? Sometimes that show is itching to be a comedy, I just know it. But, man, that is some grim tv. I think, in general, it's better not to subject yourself to too much sad stuff like that unless you're a goth teenager who's got an image to maintain. But I suspect that even those kids secretly watch Say Yes to the Dress when nobody's looking. Basically, I can't wait until 30 Rock and The Office come back with new episodes.

4 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

I was watching the episode when Dr. Romano got the arm chopped off and remember just being absolutely shocked! But, haven't watched ER in years. Daytime TV stinks, doesn't it?

2:51 PM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I watched ER reruns for a while when I was home on mat leave, but then I started to worry that all that angst and suffering would have a bad effect on the kiddo's sunny disposition. Then I started watching "Whose Wedding Is It Anyway?" which, as it turned out, had just as much angst and suffering. ;-) Daytime TV is truly awful.

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still watch ER on the days that I am home, I'm a bit of a TNT junkie... I'm hoping that Logan will grown up to be a doctor (ER) or a lawyer (Law and Order) or a vampire (Angel). Ha!

5:05 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm grateful that there's cable, at least. When I was a kid home from school, it was soap operas and Phil Donahue. That was it. Blah.

7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home