Sunday, February 24, 2008

What's she going to do? Run off with some English guy?

We went to a birthday party last night for my father-in-law. Lil J did very well, I thought. Sure, he got projectile spit up on his Aunt Annie's shirt, but she didn't even seem to mind. You know, that was one really nice thing about the party--being around all those supportive moms. My mother- and sisters-in-law held the baby so I could eat and go to the bathroom, they brought me drinks while I was feeding him or he was asleep on my shoulder, stuff like that. J will do those same things at home when I ask him, but it was cool how the other women knew what I needed even before I did. It made me think that tribal societies really have the right idea when all the women pitch in to help raise the children. Not only is it easier on the mom, but I'm guessing kids really benefit from all that attention from different people. Cause, let me tell you, Lil J was showered with compliments and affection last night. Hey, maybe he'll start to get a big head from all the attention and his head measurement will get out of the 15th percentile. Go team!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Say Anything?!?!

I love the fact that Logan is with each of his grandmas each week. I'm hoping it makes him well adjusted and adaptable. So far, he seems to thrive in social situations. He LOVES going out to dinner with us.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yep, Say Anything. You're good! I don't think I would have gotten that if I hadn't watched it last week.

So what does Logan do in restaurants? Does he chat up the waitresses? Aww!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He loves looking around at all the people and if there is another baby around, he is mesmerized! But because he is so well behaved, the waitresses do love him!

I love Say Anything, I've watched that movie more times than I care to admit!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Say Anything is one of those you can watch a million times and it's still good.

It's so cute how kids respond to other kids. Lil J's cousins (who are 2 and 5) were so excited to see him on Saturday.

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home