Wednesday, February 13, 2008

There's a fungus among us

Is it normal to want to chop off your hair once you have a baby? Cause as much as I like having long hair, I'm starting to seriously resent how long it takes to comb it out. After I wash it, I end up standing there in front of the mirror yanking my comb through it, muttering curses and getting more and more upset with my hair as if it's annoying me on purpose. I am losing my mind here, people. I want it short enough that if I pulled it back, the ponytail would stick straight back off my head. I don't want one of those mom haircuts that make you look 40, but, then again, I don't want to keep the long hair when it's so impractical in some sort of desperate attempt to cling to my youth. I've seen the commercials for The Real Housewives of Orange County. Mmm hmm. You know what I'm talking about.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann, I understand your frustration with hair. I swear mine has it out for me sometimes. Did you hair start falling out more now? Mine didn't fall out at all while I was pregnant and then a few months after Logan was born, I swear I was worse than my cats with the shedding!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yikes, no, it hasn't been falling out, but now I'm scared! Well, that would motivate me to get it chopped--it'll be easier to clean up shorter hairs :)

11:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you'd look cute with shorter hair. DO IT!

12:14 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

your hair won't start falling out for awhile, but don't be alarmed, it isn't scary for long! :)

my SIL keeps her hair longer now that she has had a baby so it is easier to just pull into a ponytail, but I keep mine short b/c it takes so much less time to dry, etc. Cut it and see if you like it, if you don't, grow it out!

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to scare you Ann! Its not like it comes out in clumps, there was just more in the shower drain and in my brush... and I think its just alarming b/c it didn't fall out at all during the pregnancy. And now, I think it has stabilized- ha!

I like to keep my hair long enough to pull back too.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Hannah Barnaby said...

I know *exactly* what you mean about the Orange County housewives. Those women are clearly more desperate than Eva Longoria.

In other news, I want Katie Holmes' haircut. For you, I'm thinking a Reese Witherspoon-style shag...

1:47 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I like Reese Witherspoon. She's all right for a short chick.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home