Friday, February 08, 2008

She's in Decatur...unfortunately, she's not staying

I'm just goimg to say it: Lost confused me last night. It was a good episode, but I have no idea what was going on with the discovery of the plane in the ocean, these four new characters, etc.... J and I were with Sawyer though--isn't it about time somebody shot Ben? I suppose his continued existence on the show lends an air of reality to it. I mean, in the real world you can't go around shooting people for being bug-eyed and annoying either. Good life lesson there.

During the rerun of last week's episode, I started flipping channels and found Ice Castles on Pax. That was quite the trip down memory lane. I saw that movie when I was about 8, but it was amazing how much I remembered. A blind figure skater. What a bizarre idea for a movie. I'm thinking about writing a contemporary remake called Shrubbery Palaces about a blind lawn dart champion. Think of the drama, the suspense, the bloody spectators. Genius!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a bold strategy, Cotton!

I think the plane at the bottom of the ocean is a dummy, but why they staged it all, I don't know.

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FERRIS BUELLER?!?!? Right? Right?

Ice Castles was one of my favorite movies growing up. Robby Benson was dreamy! I like your lawn dart champ idea. You should do it.

Lost was a bit out there last night. They're really pushing it with the guy who talks to dead people. I'm with Katie on the planted bodies and plane. Hopefully this will all become apparent. I was glad that Locke asked Ben about the smoke monster. I was starting to think the writers had forgotten about that.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I swore at some point they said that the smoke monster had to do with Jacob (it may have been on a recap show, or it may have been on the DVD extras). But I have noticed that we haven't seen the smoke monster in quite a while.

But if the rest of the world thinks that everyone on 815 is dead, it must be really interesting when "the oceanic 6" return.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

And what was with the Dharma polar bear in Tunisia? How does one plant an entire plane and 300 fake dead bodies?? I love this show but it drives me nuts sometimes.

11:30 AM  
Blogger Jocelyn said...

I know nothing about Lost, but I did used to be able to play the theme from Ice Castles on the piano. And I still know all the words.

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home