Friday, February 01, 2008

Melancholy demons

I asked Lil J yesterday if he knew yet which college he wants to go to, and he replied "Nnnnnguuuuu," so I said "Duke? You want to go to Duke?" and J hollered from the computer room "No son of mine is going to Duke!" Which was an interesting statement, I thought. But it's true--even though Duke has a great academic reputation, it has gotten some really bad publicity of late, what with the rape allegations, botched surgeries, etc.... But I'd still be ok with Lil J going there. As long as he doesn't pick Clemson just to spite me.

Lost was good last night! I tell you what, watching it in high definition is really cool. The scenery is gorgeous, and you get to see every wrinkle on the actors' faces. Juliet is no spring chicken, let me just say.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be so proud if Lil J went to Duke!

YAY!!! LOST IS BACK!!!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

With me and J as parents, I doubt he'll be going to Ohio State on an athletic scholarship, so I can see why he picked Duke :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

It is fun to wonder where our children will go to college and what they will be like when they grow up! EH won't be getting an athletic scholarship, either, if she is anything like Kenny and me! Kenny got a full ride to college so I am PRAYING she takes after him in that arena! :)

10:43 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I know, I really, really hope Lil J scores some scholarships. College is probably going to cost more than our house in 18 years.

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know someone who could set up a 529 account for little J and help save for his college...

1:06 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I'm going to sound dumb, but what is a 529 account?

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, this is what happens when you live with a financial planner... its an investment account that can only be used for education. I can have Mike send you some info (even if you don't want to use him, I'll still have him send you the info).

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home