Friday, January 18, 2008

Menoplause? I'm not saying that

Is there anything cuter than the baby exhalation/snore? I just had the little guy sleeping on my chest, and he started doing that, and I almost woke him up to tell him how adorable he was being. Luckily, I restrained myself. Well, to be totally honest, I got distracted by the idiots on The Price Is Right. I mean, really. I'm not saying I know the price of a Dodge, a wine armoire or a bottle of Oxy Clean, but I do know enough not to trust the opinions of total strangers seated in the audience. $700 for a silver tea set? Come on.

Wow. I am turning into one of those people. Disturbing. Now I must go watch Robert Wagner inform me about reverse mortgages. Excuse me.

7 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Doesn't daytime TV just ROCK? :) I was also amazed at the number of car title loan commercials...oh, and ambulance chasing lawyer commercials!

12:14 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

And there's so much life insurance available to me at a low price guaranteed to never increase!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of daytime TV but the commercials are AWFUL!

1:18 PM  
Blogger JLR said...

Or how about the things you can buy...like the Clever Clasp or a Scooby Doo Chia Pet, and finally the Vidalia Slice Wizard. Ooo! Aaa!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

That Vidalia Slice Wizard looks like a dream come true! And I still want to get a HoverRound.

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The life insurance commercials always get me "but how can we get affordable life insurance with YOUR health problems honey?"

And I'm SOOOO happy that freecreditreport.com changed their ad campaign. The goofy little songs are much better than that idiot saying "I'm THINK-ING of a number" Can you tell I saw that one too many times?

And Ann, I know your dilema, b/c its not just that you see these horrible things during the day, you also have to be subjected to these and all the date phone line commercials late at night too! Oh the humanity!

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a slave to HGTV... do you know how many cleaning products they hawk during the day? I wanted to try each and every one! Thank goodness I restrained myself or I would be floating with all the kaboom products!

I also feel like I am a pro at telling people what to do with their houses after my 3 months of "how-to" shows. Just wish I'd take my own advice. sigh.

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home