Thursday, January 03, 2008

Hush, little mommy, don't you sing

Some things I've noticed that seem to cause Lil J physical pain: really bright lights, gas bubbles in his tummy, and the sound of my voice singing to him. Heh. Seriously though, every time I break into Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star or the theme music to What Not To Wear, he does get this very skeptical look on his face as if he's trying to say "Really, I appreciate the effort, but you have a ways to go before you take on Broadway." And that's fair. You can't argue with the facts.

And, I swear, he's already started smiling. Is that possible for someone who's 19 days old?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And now I'm humming the What Not To Wear theme music.

Awwww! Are you having a fantabulous time getting to know your son or what? When you mentioned his aversion to bright lights I was expecting a gremlins link but I'm glad that's not the case.

1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you definitely have to feed him after midnight!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Magwai!

He doesn't like getting wet either, but at least he doesn't get pods of new babies when he does.

3:41 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

YES, I believe babies can start smiling that young! Emma Helen has asked me to STOP singing, if that makes you feel any better. At least J can't talk yet! :)

9:12 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

Try some infant Mylicon drops (if you haven't already) for his gas. I know that helped a lot with Ben.

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home