Thursday, December 27, 2007

Right you are, Ken

I'm delirious. We were very relieved to hear from our pediatrician that Lil' J's jaundice is almost gone and I could start nursing again yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, that also meant the little guy wanted to nurse about every 90 minutes last night. And considering that he nurses about 40 minutes each session, that left me 50 minutes to sleep. Which, of course, didn't happen because he was fussy most of the night, too. Wow. He does seem to be getting used to it today though. He's going longer between feedings and acting more like his normal, calm self. But, man, I am so looking forward to a nap. What is today anyway? Friday? Is it 2008 yet?

6 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Not 2008 just yet! I have thought it was Saturday for the past week, though.

Hang in there with the nursing, it gets easier and quicker! Very glad to hear the jaundice is gone!

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea! Glad that he is doing better! I was so happy that we got to meet him! He is such a cutie!!!
I hear ya on the feeding schedule- since Sunday you would have thought I was starving Eva Cate the way she has been eating. I think she's going through a growth spurt or something.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear he's doing better! I hope you both get some good sleep soon.

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It will only get better as time goes on. See you guys tomorrow!

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Learn to nurse laying down. It was a life saver, and you'll get some sleep!! If you're not comfortable doing it at night while you and J are sleeping try to do it during the day when J is home with you and he's awake.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just when I think I have Logan figure out, he throws me a curve and now he started eating cereal so his feeding schedule is all wacky now!

I know it is tiring, but try to enjoy this time as much as possible b/c it is gone so quickly! You will look back and wonder what happened to the first 3 months of his life!

8:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home