Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Pregnant man gives birth

This is a picture I took about an hour ago of J shoveling our driveway. Yeah. It snowed that much last night and it was still snowing when we got to work! And as beautiful and serene as all the white stuff is, I keep thinking to myself "Please don't let it be like this when I go into labor. Please don't let it be like this when I go into labor." Because those roads out there were pretty treacherous. I was looking at the traffic cams on tv and some of the highways were completely blocked because of accidents. Gah.

I'd also like to point out the car that's in the right side of the picture. Did you know the ratio of Monte Carlos to residents in our neighborhood is 3:1? That's a fact.

9 Comments:

Blogger JLR said...

Look how pretty your street is, all covered in snow!

9:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know if you were a Kids in the Hall fan, but your last statement reminded me of one of their skits!

In theory... first time labor takes a while, so hopefully J will have time to shovel the driveway before it is time to get you to the hospital! Are you far from your hospital?

9:28 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

We're only about 15 minutes away from the hospital, so I'm really getting nervous for no good reason. And it's quite unlikely that we'll get more snow like this again soon. But, just to give you a glimpse into my paranoid mind, I very closely read the section in "What to Expect When You're Expecting" about how to do a home birth. JUST IN CASE ;)

9:54 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Going into labor generally not like it is depicted on TV! :) Kenny was all excited about speeding through the streets of Columbia to get to the hospital, but it was at midnight and I was in denial that I was even in labor, so it really wasn't that exciting! :)

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Kids in the Hall!

Apparently my mom was in labor but they sent her home and told her to come back the next morning.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

So was your mom really close to giving birth to you by the time she got to the hospital? This whole process is so random and unpredictable...it's amazing to me that more women don't deliver in cars or at home.

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard of a lot of people getting sent home. Sometimes b/c it is false labor and sometimes b/c they are in labor, but they just have a ways to go, so they might as well be comfortable at home.

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My mom was technically in labor for almost 40 hours. And yeah, I believe she wasn't quite ready so they figured she'd be more comfortable at home.

But you'll be fine!

12:44 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

40 hours?? Daaaang! I'm hoping to max out at 6.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home