Monday, November 26, 2007

6-inch ribbon curls

Ahh, that was a nice, long weekend. We ended up having two Thanksgiving dinners, and both were excellent. I don't think that in overall mass, I ate as much as I did last year simply because I think my stomach is getting a little crowded by so much uterus, but I still managed to take down a lot of turkey and yams. Oh yes. We also got to spend some good quality time with my Mom and older sister's family on Thursday. Nephew #5 is walking around like a champ, and nephew #2 has developed a rabid love of playing hide-n-seek. So much so that after about two hours of trying to find his various hiding spots in the basement, I finally had to tell him he had worn me out. So there I was, sitting on my sister's couch, pleading with a 3-year-old to play Candyland while he tried to pry me off and push me underneath the stairs. That kid had no idea the kind of bulk he was trying to move.

4 Comments:

Blogger BETH said...

Whew, your post about hide-and-seek wore me out! :) EH likes hide-and-seek and duck duck goose right now...both of which require energy that I don't always have!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

I have no idea how people keep up with toddlers. I'll be 37 when this kid is 4, so I've either got to get back in the gym or find more kids for him to play with :)

1:22 PM  
Blogger BETH said...

The good thing is that you get eased into it...you don't give birth to a 4 yr old who is running around singing in a lavender ballerina tutu and asking for candy! :) AND, he will have lots of cousins to play with!

2:19 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Heh, that's a good point. And I am pretty excited to see him interact with his cousins. It'll be neat to see how he is with my side (where all the cousins are no more than 5 years older than him) and J's side (where the cousins are about 15 years older than him, on average). It'll be quite a range.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home