Friday, November 09, 2007

Truffle shuffle

Alisa innocently started talking about Krispy Kremes yesterday, and the idea subsequently turned into a full-blown obsession for me last night. By the time we'd gotten home from work, I was grabbing J by the shoulders, getting an inch from his nose and saying in my best Clint Eastwood voice, "If I don't get some donuts right now, I'm going to hurt somebody." So we went to a couple different grocery stores looking for Krispy Kremes (because we don't have an actual Krispy Kreme store anywhere near our house), and then finally gave up and bought an entire pan of cinnamon rolls that we took home and ate almost half of. I'm carbo-loaded and ready to go, people! Whoo! Of course, I felt a little guilty afterwards, but I'm not going to let it get me too down. With the price of gas going up to $4 a gallon, the writer's strike threatening to take my shows off the air and our health insurance going up again next year, I refuse to feel too bad for finding comfort in partially-hydrogenated pastries. Take that, healthy people!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry I "innocently" sent you on that quest to only have you guys not find any. There are 2 Krispy Kremes in Columbus but neither seems that close to you.

I hate relying so much on gas and tv. I'm glad you were able to find some comfort in cinnamon rolls.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Don't be sorry! I will have my Krispy Kremes one day! That one KK is actually right beside the Babies R Us we go to. I could totally see that place being the reason for hundreds of pounds of baby weight on Columbus's pregnant population.

10:13 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Our insurance is going up, too, and guess what? The benefits won't be any better!

I have been craving a pumpkin spice donut from Dunkin Donuts!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I still don't know how much our deductible is going to go up, but I wouldn't be surprised if they raise it from $4000 a year to $5000 or $6000. UGH! And there's no telling how much the premiums will increase, too.

10:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home