Wednesday, November 07, 2007

With your bad back, Ed, you shouldn't be throwing anything

I had an OB checkup yesterday, and when I rolled up my shirt so my doctor could listen to the baby's heartbeat, she took one look at me and exclaimed "Wow! You are carrying low!" And even though I already sort of knew that I was carrying low, there's something about hearing your doctor in a state of shock that makes you wonder if it's suddenly a bad thing. She said we're totally fine, but my shape does explain why I often feel like somebody's kicked me in the crotch. This is a lovely post, isn't it? Are you eating a bagel right now? Do you still want to? Ha!

I saw that news story this morning about the missing mom in Chicago whose husband is a cop 30 years her senior whom she had previously claimed was too controlling. Not to rush to judgment here, but he totally killed her. What kind of sick dude in his 50's marries an 18-year-old girl anyway? Gross. I can remember once or twice being in my early 20's and having some old dude act interested in me, and my reaction was as such: Ewwww! And then I'd run away. It just icks me out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

FERRIS BUELLER!!!

I hadn't heard that story about the missing Chicago woman. Just yesterday I was remarking at how there can't be much that Nicolas Cage has in common with his wife and she's only 20 years younger. Unless the guy is in his 90s and worth a few billion, you just don't do that.

12:28 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

You seriously have to wonder what couples with that kind of age gap talk about when they're together. They probably don't listen to the same music, quote from the same movies, any of that stuff. Although they must not find it to be that big of a problem. I just think it's weird though. Ick.

2:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm guessing any woman who is with a guy who is more than 20 years older is a gold digger or has serious daddy issues to work out.

I was going to make some joke about the 25 year age difference being the reason my imaginary relationship with Bill Murray ended but that makes me sound really nuts.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, I don't think the age gap would be a problem for you and Bill! I don't know why, but I don't!

4:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home