Friday, October 26, 2007

Never follow a hippie to a second location

Personally, I thought Michael's ad on The Office last night was way better than the corporate one. I was actually shocked by how good it turned out to be. I thought for sure he'd do something incredibly embarrassing in it. In fact, I was sitting there stunned afterwards thinking "That was actually pretty classy." Felt like my whole world had turned upside down. But all the shows were good last night. Well, Scrubs was sort of depressing. But Earl's discussion of his conjugal visit partner's "hole operation" more than made up for that. Hilarious.

I'm really glad today's Friday though. I'm feeling a little worn out this morning, so I'm looking forward to having a few days where I can lie around on my side in the afternoons and let the couch carry the extra weight for a few hours. Oh, and I've been having these really mundane baby dreams the last few nights--dreams where I'm figuring out sick leave, folding crib sheets, stuff like that. It's pretty abnormal for me to have such normal dreams. This means I'm either incredibly preoccupied OR I'm maturing and getting extremely boring. I hope it's the former. Even though I'm having a kid, I still sort of want to be one. Is that so wrong?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not wrong, just don't try to be a kid that is their friend...that'll come back to bite you in the butt!

I TiVo'd Earl, stinkin' World Series, but agree that Scrubs was depressing with its interlaced chuckles...the beginning of the end.

8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you still want to be a kid.

Don't you love Jack Donaghy's disdain for hippies?

8:52 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, that would be weird trying to be my kid's best friend. Kids that don't fear their parents at least a little don't seem to turn out so hot. The kids on my street aren't afraid of parents, cops, mandatory sentencing, anything.

Jack Donaghy cracks me up every episode! His manic re-enactment of Tracey's family was awesome!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked the song that the Scranton office came up with!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

That was a good song, wasn't it? I was very impressed with our Daryl there. I couldn't believe Michael didn't like it though. I bet if Fergie had sung it, he would have been on board.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home