Thursday, October 18, 2007

17 days? We're not going to last 17 hours!

This is almost too depressing to write about--last night, J was looking out the front door at the kids playing across the street and saw the cute, little 3-year-old boy flipping the bird to another older boy who lives a few doors down. Sigh. And apparently the 3-year-old wasn't mimicking any of the older boys because nobody else was doing it, so you've really got to wonder where he's seen that gesture so many times that he's so casually flipping off passing kids. A toddler. And, really, at that age I doubt he fully comprehends what he's doing, so I blame the parents. But I'm also tempted to blame his parents for global warming and gnats, so I'm not totally impartial, I admit it.

You know, recently Thursdays have taken on a bit of Friday's charm since I get so excited to watch my programs on Thursday nights. I saw a commercial for 30 Rock where Jack was talking about beating up hippies, so I'm especially excited to see that. Nothing I like better than a good hippie whomping....especially when tasers are involved.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your neighbors are CRAZY!!! Of course I was swearing by 3 years old (thanks Dad!) and I turned out ok. I'm not hopeful for that toddler you mentioned though. Wow.

YAY for Thursdays! And double YAY for tasers.

10:02 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Yeah, if the middle finger was the only thing I ever saw him do, I wouldn't think as much about it, but when I also see him five minutes later climbing on top of a minivan parked in the street and nobody watching him, I get VERY concerned. Or when his dad takes him out on a dirtbike on a wet street with no helmet and starts doing wheelies. For crying out loud.

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like his parents are trying to kill him. A 3 year old was climbing on a minivan? Oh and the dirtbike with no helmet is superb. You may actually have reason to call child services.

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forget thursday night TV when you can watch child services take away the neighbor's kid.

12:30 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Ha! That's so mean, but I love it! I was seriously considering calling the police the other day when the dirt bike thing was going on. It's one thing when an adult won't wear a helmet, but to not put one on a child just seems so irresponsible. Maybe they are trying to kill him. That's not nice.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home