Sunday, October 07, 2007

What would you do for a Klondike bar?

What is going on in college football? Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy that Ohio State won yesterday, but things are getting very wonky in the top 5. Wisconsin loses to Illinois, LSU almost bites it against Florida, Tennessee whomps on Georgia, and Southern Cal can't handle Stanford? Stanford??? I could have seen it if they'd lost to them in a science fair or a math bowl, but not a football game. Dang. Well, I guess all in all I should just be happy that Ohio State won, but I can't shake this feeling like an upset is just breathing down our necks since it's happened to everybody else. Like the shadowy figure of death has traded in his sickle and black cloak for a helmet and shoulder pads. Oooooooeeeeeeoooooooo. Eerie.

In additional news, I have my first glucose tolerance test tomorrow morning. Wish me luck that it comes back ok because me without carbs would be a sad, sad thing. I'd be wandering the streets, lost and delirious, asking perfect strangers for Kit Kats.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish you good luck of the test... but just know you won't have to give up all carbs... mostly just the sugary ones!

9:07 AM  
Blogger JLR said...

That last line was a little too close to home...wink, wink!

9:22 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

Good luck on the test! How long does it take to find out? It seems like I drank the orange stuff and found out before I left the office?

Go Gamecocks...#7!!!!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

I just got back from my test. They said I'd find out the results tomorrow. The anticipation is excruciating! That orange drink was pretty good. Tasted like Fanta.

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! I think you are the first person to enjoy the orange drink!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Ann said...

Well, I had two eggs, bacon and a piece of wheat toast for breakfast, so when I drank the orange drink, I think my taste buds were like "Yes! Now this is more like Lucky Charms!"

10:34 AM  
Blogger BETH said...

I didn't mind the orange drink...someone recommended I drink it really cold and that really helped.

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, I was advised to drink it cold as well. From things that I read, I was afraid that I would puke it up, but I didn't mind it. But I don't think I would go so far as to say I enjoyed it- ha!

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home